Monday 12 November 2018

424. Enzo's patch

Modena

Awning ceiling so fragile it now rips
of its own accord.

Today we are into Modena but first I feet the need to repair the awning again as the original ceiling ripped in the wind a week ago and is so fragile that it is keeping ripping. The manager was happy for me to do it inside which was great but turned out to be too cold for the PVA to set. In the evening I carefully gathered the awning up and laid it out in the Giantavan where it dried beautifully overnight.

It ain't pretty but then,
It's on the inside
Ferrari Museum
Writing this blog I discovered that there is no need to visit the museum as you see the whole things in the flash screen on their home page.

Without the Giantavan the GPS took us for an hour on wonderful little single lane winding roads through farms and villages at about thirty kilometres per hour. Perfect for a rubbernecker like me.

Arriving at the museum we parked for free in the empty carpark and ventured in. Like the redbull aviation museum the place reeked of money which is always pleasing. I was also pleased to see that it wasn't just lines of static cars but a pick of the most significant road and race cars with engines on display also. The place has a shrine like feeling which I suppose, to many, it is. I do not profess to know much about Ferraris, I admire them, their pedigree and history but no interest further than that. There was a small group of beautifully dressed aficionado, possibly owners, and I could see how special the experience was to them, like the FlyingBull hanger was to me.


The charming 166MM with its little two litre V12 behind on a stand.
Would love to hear it 
Enzo's office furniture and items as he left it
The 166MM engine 
166MM, very nice indeed 
A bit of Kiwi


750 Monza - from wooden dummy to aluminium skin to car
250GT Coupe & Jacqueline 














Beautiful display of F1 cars 
















The trophies were larger and more beautiful than I expected

Fyfe and Audrey looking at models over every F1 car made



These are the cars that Enzo drove himself
1980's loveliness


The Lusso, the last car in which  Enzo had a hand in the design







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.