Sunday 24 September 2017

10. A sick morning

Sandwich Lakes Course Fishing Camp - Kent

Roman rose and declined any breakfast.
I assumed that it was due to our hard line, not replenishing the Cocopops. He proved me wrong by throwing up, without fuss, at about ten am while I yarned to my Mum, then Charles (birthday) then Stephanie on the phone.

The balance of the kids and I headed to Ash for supplies at the local co-op and had the pleasure of having the staff struggle with the new till system installed a few days earlier. Our teller voided the sale while ringing off. In the end, after maybe fifteen minutes as I had paid the correct cash and I didn’t need a receipt I left, suggesting that they put the money aside and the void receipt and get the manager to sort it tomorrow, Monday. When crone number three with a thin smile pointed out that she was the manager I suggested she contact technical help, Monday.

I opted to stay caravan (home) while the family departed for Canterbury Cathedral, finally, at about two. Roman flopped around till about five while I demolished The Sunday Times sitting in the sun, explored the site and fishing lakes.  Roman then heated himself some soup and together we did a BBQ tea for all which he ate heartily plus two apples.

Now mostly packed, the car connected ready for a pre-seven departure for the Dover ferry.

Tomorrow Ypres.
Panorama while talking to my Mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.