Wednesday 25 October 2017

41. Tim's Favourite

Ile de Ré - France

Announced to the children during dinner last night that we wouldn’t be moving on today as I had a board meeting, starting at nine thirty that would take me into the wee hours and that they weren’t to disturb me in the morning. As it happened, I woke at the normal time, keen to move on which was no small feat as even the boat was still to be loaded. It all went smoothly, thanks to a passer by giving me a lift and we were on the road in a timely manor travelling for about three hours with stops to Tim’s highly recommended Ile-De-Re.

Just before leaving Peter Duck was downloaded, being the third in the Swallows and Amazons Series. As always makes for smooth travel, and in some aspects normalises what we are doing as a family.

Tim's recommended Ile-de-Ré in part due to the one hundred kilometres of dedicated cycleways.  Arriving over the impressive three kilometre bridge I was amazed at both the immediate improvement in climate, sunny and at twenty two degrees, felt like summer and secondly the number of people, including families, cycling around, off the road on well prepared trails.

Again we were invited to find our own site and found a lovely sunny sheltered corner for the Giantavan.  On arrival was tempted to lie down in the sun for a snooze but fat chance.  I note that to date I have not done any uke or reading to date as there is always too much to be done just keeping the show on the road.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent photo of the amazing bridge, early example of prestressed concrete. We didn’t manage to cycle over it. I am sure Roman’s bike second trip will be as a good as it’s first. Saint Martin is very swish. Fingers crossed that the weather holds

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.