Sunday 4 February 2018

143. Jac saves the day

CONIL DE LA FRONTERA, CADIZ, SPAIN

Writing the two Seville blogs was actually quite a stress.  I  relived the moment as it were, as I told the story. This stress was heightened when I decided to change the title, after publishing, of the first day referencing The Famous Five. I jumped back onto my laptop, changed the title and saved it. When I opened roydsbycaravan I was horrified to see that it was only two paragraphs long. I had lost hours of work. Obviously, early in the composition I had opened blogger on another tab and left the first open also. When I completed the blog I saved and closed the second tab. When I jumped back on to do the name change I used the still open blogger tab with only a couple of paragraphs which overwrote the full blog - horrors.

I immediately phoned Ed as he had commented on WhatsApp but he had closed the tab after reading. I ran up the camp to a friend who had commented that he was looking forward to my post but he hadn't opened it. Jacqueline was in the shower so I took her phone because if she did have it and refreshed to another page it would be lost. Again, the gods were with me and I was able to copy over fourteen hundred words* that I had lost and repost. I don't need this stress!

Uncle Tony
Mary & Stuff
Then wrote Day Two Seville. 

Neighbouring campers had noticed that we hadn't returned and wondered if all OK. Family had been in communication via WhatsApp and broTony on standby to organise new Disco keys.



*I remember when I was fourteen the whole of August school holidays being ruined by the requirement to submit a fifteen hundred word essay at the end - Xeromorphic Adaptation I recall. Now I dash off three or four thousand tripe words in an afternoon for my amusement!

1 comment:

  1. * three or four thousand words in an afternoon for our amusement!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.