Wednesday 28 February 2018

167. HBTM

Agadir

For years now the weather app on my phone has been so accurate I had assumed that God also used the same app in order to distribute the weather. As posted two days ago we were prepping for inches of rain per day. When I added up the predicted hourly totals it equaled the 2014 Agadir Floods which killed over thirty local people! This morning I went to the top of the camp to ascertain whether we would be in danger of any water courses that might burst their banks. Happily we aren't and we all went for a swim in the pool before the deluge set in at midday, predicted to drop seven millimetres in the first hour and then continuing. As it happens, so far we have had virtually no rain. Maybe God is having the same wifi issues that we are experiencing causing syncing issues between his weather app and weather generating machine?

The day started with me bursting into the lounge startling Audrey who was fully engrossed, birthday card making. I got sent back to bed without recourse. For the next half hour we could hear suppressed whispering and instructions and I awaited my birthday fate. I did have the presence of mind to open a window and roof vent as, a week ago, four hot little bodies on top of the duvet, on top of me, had, by the time celebrations completed and Jacqueline consumed her birthday breakfast, left me a trifle sweaty, trapped in the bed.
 
Eventually the celebration party burst through the door and we were into birthday mode. Four hand made cards were opened, read with great ceremony and artistic merit appreciated, two gifts opened, Dunkirk DVD and a bar of white chocolate then it was onto the breakfast which was inspired by Healthy Living magazine - a wholemeal flat breads halved, pocketed and loaded with avocado, tomato and sardines and a cup of tea. This I consumed, watched closely.
The biggest struggle today was to not do jobs or work. There is, surprisingly, always plenty to be but today was not the day to do it.

Tonight we all watched my Dunkirk DVD then, for some unfathomable reason Notting Hill making for a very late night.

1 comment:

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.