Tuesday 20 February 2018

159. Another lap

Marrakech 

Jacqueline's odometer clicked over another digit today with the result that I was woken early by a persistent hiss of "Daddy get up". Excited children were gearing up to treat Mummy, inspired by Fancy Nancy. I suspect Jacqueline was already bracing herself for the treats ahead.


  1. Breakfast in bed. This consisted of organising Daddy to cook bacon and eggs then assembling all upon a plate before parading though to force feed it all to the lucky birthday girl
  2. Beauty treatment. Yesterday's trip to the supermarket had been significantly complicated by the need to assemble all the necessary provisions required by a fancy establishment. This included pedicure; facial and foot massage.
For the breakfast I stayed and mostly cleaned up as Spas need reliable staff. When it came to the beauty treatment I slipped away and happily sat by the pool and yarned to Jennifer on the phone.

The children fetched me when they were done and excitedly dragged me back to admire Jacqueline's transformation.

This afternoon was drinks with our lovely neighbours, David and Jan-Maree who had gone to some effort for Jacqueline's birthday.

3 comments:

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.