Tuesday 13 February 2018

152. Village People

Marrakesh

While yarning to Jennifer this morning a Moggy popped on to my lap. As he was sporting a collar and in excellent condition the children and I were all over him.

Dragged the family, reluctantly out on a bike ride to the local village. I went twice yesterday and it is wonderful, full of tiny alleys between precarious looking buildings. There is a lot of building going on in the village using a lightweight concrete block. All looks substantial once plastered over but it really isn't.  While biking in the village today some children grabbed Jacqueline's bike, in a friendly manner and asked for money. Jacqueline wasn't concerned, I didn't see it, but I did hear the telling off the children received from a number of villagers. I understand that the King and government have made it clear that tourism is valuable to Moroccans.
We didn't get into the village till about two so the markets were packed up but we had a explore and bought some very nice local pastries.

This campsite feels like an oasis as the surrounding land is very bony and overgrazed.
At about five I cycled back into the village for dinner provisions, fruit etc and returned delighted with the whole experience.




The Souk Market this evening 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.