Thursday 8 February 2018

147. Beware

MOULAY BOUSSELHAM, MOROCCO
Moulay Bousselham in the background 
Shepard will be by soon.
Lots of space here
Children spent a happy morning exploring the extensive campsite and naming various cats, Squeaky being a particularly lovely tortoiseshell kitten. Tonight, as it was getting dark I opened the boot of the Disco and discovered, on her squeek, her curled up on a shopping bag. She was delighted to see me and it made me sad to lift her out. In this environment all cats become mangy and she has a bleak future which is upsetting.
Steps from the camp (upper left) into town
We ventured by foot into the local village, targeted by various offerings, explored a little then went to a cafe for lunch, severely limited on our choices, by our food standard advice. The result was Maragretta Pizzas for the kids with Coke, they couldn't believe their luck, me neither as it meant that I got to drink all the glasses of (unfit) freshly squeezed orange juice that I had ordered.

Bought provisions in an corner store that was stacked to the gunnels behind the counter where you point and gesture to what you want. For payment, the Arkwright assesses the gullibility of the customer (me) and types a number into his calculator 156,85 dirham so I give him 200 and he rapidly gives me a pile of coins of various sizes so that I am left knowing that I paid a little less than 200. As this is only twenty euro it is not to big an issue. Audrey bought a box of dry cat food for Squeaky. 

Tried to distill propane from a Morrrocan bottle into my French bottle this evening using a neighbours kit. Not sure why I failed but I did. I'll add the Moroccan nine kilogram gas bottle to our endless stuff while we are in Morocco.

The estuary, next to the campsite  has me itching to sail on it.

Watched SpaceX's Falcon Heavy successfully launch online with the kids. Totally inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.