Saturday 24 February 2018

163. Getting aligned

Marrakech

We were going to head south to Agadir today but yesterday I noticed that the Disco was scrubbing off the outside edge of the front tyres indicating that, probably due to potholes, the wheel geometry was now toe-in.
Cool
Fyfe and I headed into Marrakech to a bigger tyre shop and pleased that it could be done now on their laser machine for DH140 (€13). Fyfe and I settled comfortably into the adjoining cafe for coffee / Coke respectively and a pizza each* Shortly after the technician called me over as the tie rod ends were stuffed and they did not know where to get Disco parts. I too could move the wheel and hear movement.

Back to camp and onto Rimmer's site, checked with tech support** and ordered new assemblies for delivery to our next site in Agadir. While I was on the computer at one in the afternoon, sister Stephanie in NZ popped up on WhatsApp as they were standing guard on the shop across the road in the village as it had been ram raided for cigarettes. Ended up yarning for about an hour which was lovely. Ian also had a look and agreed on the parts.

While we were out Iris and Roman had taken it upon themselves to help the neighbours pack up as they too are traveling south tomorrow. I was pleased that the neighbours were grateful as I wasn't sure who was doing who the favour.

After the children were in bed talked to another neighbour for about an hour, a mine of information on where to go and stay, south of the Atlas mountains.


*don't tell the rest of the crew
** colleague, Mark Luney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.