Friday 23 February 2018

162. Having a Souk

Marrakech  


Laundry meant that we did not get back into the city as promptly as we might have. Wether at home or travelling I think that laundry volumes overwhelm us all.

Visited the Koutoubia Mosque or at least parked next to it and had a cursory look at the outside while walking past. As non-believers are not allowed inside mosques so there is little to see.

Ended up in the souks behind the market which I find not to be relaxing as being constantly approached to look/eat/shop/hold/smell/try/buy/follow a bit tedious. I don't feel inclined to buy anything as I do not need anything.
This gun on the left still had many operational bits to play with and had a hundred potential guillotines to chop off small fingers. The barrel could be swung to change elevation and many sliding parts working.

I am sure that there are many great things to get here but unfortunately I can't see the wood for the trees.

Had an excellent catch up on the phone with BigWal whose Dad has just died. Regards to your family Walter.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.