Sunday 5 November 2017

52. Ferry

Aquitaine Region - Forty three kilometres SSW of Bordeaux

Here it comes
Last on, third off
Took us seven hours. Mostly due to there being a significant (both in terms of time and Euro) ferry crossing that I was unaware of prior.  I only realised that there was a ferry when we drove up to a locked gate in Royan, with two cars before us.  I was going to exit as the ferry was of little benefit to our route however I learnt that I did not represent the will of the people and by the time I discovered the seventy five euro cost we were within the compound, Fyfe happily inserting my card via the passenger window.  Was very amused to be joined, twenty minutes into the voyage, by Iris whom I had not noticed had stayed in the Disco reading, until, to her horror, the alarm went off and she couldn't get out - it was so embarrassing.  Pretty much everything but particularly father's are embarrassing when one is fourteen.

Failed at the first campground as they were full which was a surprise so pressed on another twenty six kilometres arriving in the dark and rain.  Thank goodness for the Giantavan, we just made dinner had a riot then turned in.  Well they did, I made various phone calls and went to bed late.  Just got a message from Jacqueline, departing LAX so looking forward to being a full team again.

1 comment:

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.