Saturday 25 November 2017

72. Social

SAINT-JEAN-DE-LUZ - ATLANTIC COAST, NEAR SPAIN

Combi construction
A morning of celebration, the Tooth Fairy rewarded Fyfe (I suspect she had to get out of bed at about four in the morning, when she remembered) and Roman found the bumper bar U bracket for his Meccano VW Combi that had gone missing and completely stalled the build as it was not possible to proceed without a correctly installed bumper bar.

I had thought we were biking into the port of Saint-Jean-de-Luz today but discovered at two pm when various members of the female crew disappeared off to wash their hair that that was not going to happen.  In disgust I went off to pack up the boat and ended up going for a small sail but in a dying breeze.

By the time I had packed the boat ready for the Disco I was quite cold, returned to the Giantavan and got sucked into watching Captain America with the kids.  Actually I enjoyed it to my surprise.  Invited to evening drinks with the neighbours, Paul and Emma, with Brian and Sheena, after their son Leo reaches unconsciousness.  Really exciting as we haven't been invited to anything for months!

Turned out to be a great night, great company, learnt a lot and we really enjoyed ourselves.  Paul encouraged me to do the Postgraduate Certificate in Strategic Leadership that Kendal, our company chair has recommended. I have been keen and Paul did it a couple of years ago and said it was tremendous.

I write this, late with the rain drumming down, kicking myself for not getting the boat loaded, inverted on the Disco and when the rain ebbs I will shoot out to the lake shore and invert it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.