Friday 10 November 2017

57. Immigration

Salles - France

Certainly a much simpler day for the remainers than for the Brexiteer. Our day involved fluffing about, ensuring a suitable amount of home work was done, spring cleaning and making a lasagne to have in the oven ready on our triumphant return from Bordeaux. Brexit has been on my mind this week as I have been listening to an excellent Radio4 podcasts, Brexit: A Guide for the Perplexed.  It certainly gives new meaning to Hoist by his own petard.  

A petard was not something often seen in common
use till roaming the shelves of the local hardware store, admiring power tools and lawnmowers, not that I need any of these items currently but there it was, a petard, and I knew what it was.  What I did need was a hose joiner but I wasn't about to spoil a hardware store visit by not taking in all that there was. I assured Fyfe that if I lived here I would certainly be using petards as the damage otherwise would drive me nuts as those who viewed my attention to my two Holyport front lawns will attest.  I first learnt about lethal petards reading about the WW1 tunnelling war so it is fitting that the technology as ended up as a gardening aid here in France.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.