Tuesday 7 November 2017

54. Induction

Salles - France

Lots of space

Surprised when I first ventured out this morning to see that the grass was white. Another lovely day but the season is definitely on the turn though many of the trees are yet to loose their leaves. Again, we have positioned the Giantavan to get all day sun. On arrival I use the compass App on my phone to work out where due south is and face the door south. This camp ground has a few of firsts
  1. Heated bathroom
  2. Conventional tap on shower instead of having to re-press the valve every fifteen seconds
  3. Three in this clubhouse if you look carefully
  4. Adjustable water temperature
The bathroom is sealed for heating efficiency so I opened the windows as it was turning into a Mollart-steam-room. I heard from my cubicle the murderous dripping mutterings of the occupant of the next shower who immediately shut the window again. 

A little bit of home work today as I suspect there is brinkmanship to contend with.  Not making it a big issue as Iris did an hour of science and Fyfe some maths. I suspect they are waiting eagerly for Jacqueline's return with two more laptops which they imagine will liberate them into the virtual world. 

Beautiful pollarded Plain trees yet to loose their leaves
Roman and I did a Disco run into Salees, for a hose joiner, groceries etc. Bought a  induction element as neighbours in Wales, when we collected the Giantavan, enthused about their induction cooker and as I wanted to cook salmon I was not keen for those cooking odours inside. The Giantavan has external plugs so all worked well. We had discovered the limits of the campsite six Amp supply so I chose this particular unit as it lets you set the temperature or the wattage. We only have 1.4kW on this site, all the lighting is now LED, converted prior to departure but the heating is 1.2kW, microwave 700W, water heating 300W, laptop and phone chargers chargers etc.  We have gas cooking and central heating in reserve.  Where possible we use the prepaid electricity for heating, boosting with the gas central heating when required.
Roman abandoned the well when the camera appeared




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.