Tuesday 28 November 2017

75. Popsicle

Candas, Asturias, Spain

We are now half way across the top bit of Spain. 

After enjoying the warm showers and heated floors and rooms in the last campsite I enquired on arrival as to the warmth of the showers, last night and got a beaming thumbs up. This morning I strode off, wearing two things, in the three degree clear morning into the unheated shower block but confident of a warm shower.  Stripped off and stood waiting for the warm to arrive.  Naked, I rushed around, turned on more showers, then sinks, then reduced the flow assuming I had beaten the system. By the time it dawned on me that no warmth would be forthcoming I was absolutely frozen.  It is amazing how long one takes to reheat.

We are behind the building, next to the sea
Camping Perlora where we are now makes a big thing of its ablution block and I will be easily impressed.  It is an impressive site with the sea crashing in on three sides and the lovely town of Candás a quick bike around a beach promenade.

Working our way across the top
Easy driving across the top of Spain. Glamper and Giantavan left at the same time with Brian and Sheena calling at the supermarket but not stopping, beating us here by twenty minutes. The first hour we drove listening to a Spannish tutorial with us all chorusing the words and phrases then The Adventures of Tom Sawyer as an Audiobook. We are hooked. We arrived in torrential rain so the family stayed in the car listening to Tom working the old Sunday School bible recital scam. I dashed around, registering then parking and levelling the Giantavan.  Fore and aft is done initially with the Disco's air suspension, then with the dolly wheel then locked in place with the corner jacks.  Port/starboard balance is done by reversing onto ramps.  All very quick and easy.

NZ board meeting from eight thirty tonight so the fan heater and I sat in the disco, both of us blowing hot air, as required.
Giantaramps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.