Sunday 21 October 2018

402. Prep

Christchurch

Towse & Tony prepping spares
Car and man ready to go
Cousin Tony, Caroline and son James are competing in the Targa this week and with Richard Towse’s (Towse for distinction) help have built a race car for it and departing today. The week has been so busy that I hadn’t been able to catch up so headed over at eight and was able to help load the car and Towse’s van, Towse running support for the week. Before the quake Richard and I had considered entering the Targa with the Lotus but the quake squared that opportunity, business survival being the focus for the next few years.

Stephanie, Ian, Lucas, me
Douglas & Mother
Stephanie, me, Douglas & Mother
Douglas and Anna-Marie put on a wonderful luncheon for us including my Mum and Stephanie and Ian. Impressively, after carving a pumpkin with his friend cousin Findlay (14) and his friend got out an Arduino kit and components and mucked around with electronics. They obviously have a very good understanding already.

Lunch ran through the afternoon very pleasantly and the siblings and my Mum took me to the airport for my departure and I surprised myself going through into the lounge that I was upset to be leaving them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.