Tuesday 23 October 2018

404. In the fold

Hollyport to Rome


Crazy morning hair
Elizabeth, Amelia, Holly & Tony
Theo busy with glider behind me.
Woke early with Tony coming down stairs and disappearing into the bathroom with Amelia crying "Mum bed, Mum bed". Once in the bathroom with Tony she cheered up but deteriorated on Tony getting into the shower. I clicked open the door and suggested we read books so Amelia joined me in bed and we worked our way through a series of books which was very pleasant, for both of us and, as it turned out, for Elizabeth who had just swung her legs out of bed upstairs when she heard me take Amelia from the bathroom so stayed put.

I love how Holly is willing Amelia
to jump
Tony was on holiday for the day, it being mid term, which I really appreciated so we squandered the morning, Elizabeth and Holly taking me to LHR, terminal four (the far side), just before midday. I was pleased that the Amazon deliveries had come through so I had drill bits, SOG unit, new door baskets for the fridge (fifty two pounds each!) and a variety of miscellanies stuff.

The family was, of course, there to meet me at the airport, always a lovely moment. We decided to drive home via the Lido (coast) and call into a supermarket, which was a struggle for me in my lagged state.

Lovely to be home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.