Wednesday 3 October 2018

384. Interned

Venice

The idea had been to head back into Venice today but the children had other ideas with seven pools beckoning. I headed over with the kids and relived the horrors of hydra-slides which feel pretty much like being fed through a thicknesser. I was soaking in the warmest pool by the time Jacqueline arrived, the children still doing laps, Fyfe with blue lips. On joining us in the warm pool, me starting to feel chilly, the children complained that it was too hot.

Map of the camp's shopping area
Shoe shop
Inverse urinal at the supermarket
€2/litre. Nice wine actually.
After lunch, I had the brilliant idea of suggesting that the children might like some children only time. They were off though they did find us in the supermarket. Jac and I wandered the campsites extensive shopping mall that is inaccessible to the public with over twenty large shops, including a full blown supermarket. It appears that there are over eight thousand sites here and measuring on Maps (a great new google feature) it is over forty six hectares, not including the beach - amazing. We even managed to find some things that we probably didn't need to buy.

The whole campsite closes in a weeks time until April next year.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.