Saturday 20 October 2018

401. Black Tulips

Ashburton NZ

Our Cuckoo Clock
Mother in her garden
Owen Moore, friend and follower of this blog has messaged that he was keen to see me when I was down, so Mum and I headed into to the Aviation Museum for morning tea. A suspected Owen invited me to give a little talk to the members about our European tour. Managed to bluff my way through and regale with some of our sticky situations and hopefully not skite, nor appear a complete prat.  Mum said I got the tone just right, but then she would say that wouldn’t she? Owen and Rosemary have just crossed the Simpson Desert with friends in a couple of 4WD campers. Not for the faint hearted. Very pleased to see Les my instructor there also. A super bloke with incredible flying experience and now a very cool gyrocopter.

The plan had been to fly with my Mum but she wasn’t feeling one hundred percent and flying is no fun if off colour at all so we had a very pleasant luncheon in town instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.