Monday 15 October 2018

396. HBtL

Christchurch NZ

Stephanie very pleased with Audrey's portrait
of Auntie Stephanie in Paris 
Arrived in the morning and met by Stephanie and Douglas and my Mum. Lovely having them there to meet me, always nice to have a receiving party. Stephanie had to go back to work so the three of us went on to Terra Viva for a coffee and catch up, not that I have any news as everything I can possibly think of goes into this blog. For some reason I have all but lost my voice, I really hope I am not getting a cold, or worse.

My Mum dropped me to Uncle Richards and Auntie Wantana kindly let me have a shower and de-scunge as one needs after long haul. Over a cuppa Richard and i had an informal catchup discussing the business we share, aeroplane and hanger developments and the meeting schedule for the week. Richard had the Alfa 75 ready for me and though its driving position is awful, stretched arms and bent off centre legs the high compression three litre V6 makes all the right noises which is fun. It is modified and a fresh engine so goes very well. A wonderful automotive  celebration of the nineteen eighties.

Findlay, Douglas and Mum at Lucas' birthday
Mother and I met again for a late lunch over in Waltham and I dropped my stuff off at my accommodation for the week.

In the evening we had a dinner and birthday party for my nephew Lucas who, unbelievably, is turning seventeen. I was so lagged that I dare not sit down for risk of falling asleep so I must have been scintillating company. I was determined to last until after eight and as it happens rallied at about eight and started enjoying the evening properly, leaving well after nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.