Friday 19 October 2018

400. CCTS

Ashburton NZ

Another early start, meeting at Link HQ at eight for a tour and the chance to meet new staff and catch up with those that I worked with. Andy our CE showed us round so there was not a lot of opportunity to engage but the main purpose was to introduce Matthew and let him get familiar with the company.

Richard, Matthew and I then went out to the hanger at West Melton and I was pleased to see WEN as I left her though dusty of course. One of my first priorities on returning at Christmas, after setting up the house will be getting WEN airborne again. Matthew has recently gained his PPL and syndicated a Citabria in Sydney, his home town passing me instantly by every measure. Lucky he is such a good guy.

John Richards flew in in his Titan Mustang and we all headed into town for lunch with the aviation groups insurers which was interesting.

Pioneer 200 with Alfa 75 in background
In the afternoon I headed for Ashburton and did a number of circuits to get current again in the Pioneer then chased and formatted with a departing 150 heading south then did two approaches to my Mum’s strip down to about a metre. Her strip needs work but that is also something I will also sort on my return. Lucked a good crossing landing on runway zero-two on my return.

Stayed the night with my Mum and temporarily installed our new cuckoo clock that we bought in Switzerland and I bought with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.