Wednesday 10 October 2018

391. Limp

Rome

Roman outside the Roman
battery shop
Sorting the battery on the Disco was today's priority due to the battery going flat if we don't drive for a day. I know that the battery is stuffed as my battery charger fully charges the battery in ten minutes where it should take many hours. A Google Map search showed that there was a car battery shop twenty five minutes away, in Rome. Roman, Fyfe and I bounced our way in, in the Disco. The roads here really are terrible and you can actually see people in the little cars that are normal here getting thrown about. Makes one appreciate the air suspension in the Disco. The disco seems huge here. I have no idea how I would manage without GPS as there are constant road works and route changes required. Love how Romans park every where and anywhere even on in intersections. Had to double park outside the shop but it wasn't a problem with the hazard lights on and a line of cars behind patently waiting to get past. After about ten minutes the very nice proprietor got me to move to a recently vacated disabled park right outside his premises - handy. He didn't use a an external power supply when changing the battery which brought up a Christmas tree of fault codes and put the car into limp mode. I am very glad that I have the OBD tool to reset everything, as I would have been stuffed otherwise.

Camp to coast
In the late afternoon we went for a drive down to the coast then along. Like many coastal resorts around the world it has the slightly tatty, trashy look that is so often the case. There were still quite a few people around and by UK/Christchurch standards still quite warm at twenty three degrees at seven in the evening.
We just fit in the pitch
The area behind is full of Roman ruins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.