Saturday 23 December 2017

100. Its a 💯

COSTA DA CAPARICA - LISBON - PORTUGAL

The boxes that showed such promise
Late to bed, late to rise, not an auspicious start to the day💤

Spent a few hour trying to get reasonably priced tickets for my Mum from LHR for new year. Thirteen hundred was too steep but finally got there at about four hundred pounds which seemed ok after the initial shock.

Still got a leak, somewhere in the front which is frustrating. After talking to the nice man at Caravans Portugal who pointed out that Hobby Caravan front lockers leak into the front that was how I wanted to celebrate the century on the road.

This promise of water egress cessation motivated Jacqueline to start organising her clothes into the vacant space under out bed. This involved a trip back to the hardware store which also let me change the mastic I had purchased from cinzento to branco.  How did I make such an error? Prior to leaving I lit the BBQ as we were only going to be half an hour.

Jac was on the hunt for plastic containers for her clothes and successful after much Umming & ahhing. Quick shop at the supermarket next door (quick - ha) then on to a sports shop for wrist guards to go with the second hand roller blades purchased when we got Fyfe's bike. One hundred and sixty euro later with all manner of things we didn't know we needed we were out and home in just under three hours - no bad, six times the projected time, we are getting better

After. Shows I need to clean!
Before
Managed to pry the piano type, extruded hinge off the front of the Giantavan cutting the factory glue with a chisel. Used most of the new mastic reapplying the hinge and hope springs eternal.

PS It is midnight and J has just informed me that the plastic boxes purchased today for under the bed don't fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.