Saturday 2 December 2017

79. Blowing ones fuse

CANDAS, ASTURIAS, SPAIN

Fyfe discovering the joys of hand line fishing
Replacing a small glass fuse, who's absence meant that the twelve volt Giantavan system was reliant on solar, was the order today. As this involved automotive shop visits Brian asked if I could get scissor jacks for their Glamper as it bounces when they move, particularly noticeable at night. Also I needed to replace the car polish, lost two nights ago as mentioned.

Mary and Iris share Fyfe's joy
Fishing was the order of the day for the children. Elaborate setups were constructed from Iris' SAS survival book with hooks fabricated from paperclips and corks drilled as floats. To my absolute surprise, Iris managed to get a fish to the surface before it wriggled off the line.

Brian is considering swapping their motor home for a caravan as they are finding packing up every time they want to venture out tedious. This was the perfect excuse for much research and arguing the merits of the different configurations. I hope they don't decide too soon as I love shopping with other peoples money.

Our Giantavan is likely to be totally outclassed however I am not convinced that they will be able to capture the traveller* look as convincingly as we have managed.

*a person who holds New Age values and leads an itinerant and unconventional lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.