Wednesday 27 December 2017

104. We will not write in that space

COSTA DA CAPARICA - LISBON - PORTUGAL

We're legal, number plate fitted.
Paid the campsite till Saturday as we will have a look at Lisbon with my Mum after she arrives Friday morning then head down to the Algarve for a few days, Saturday. Got a two person cabin, with ensuite and bedding near the Giantavan for thirty euros for Friday night which I felt was very reasonable.

Asked by my Mum when chatting on the phone this morning to organise presents for three of our children, for her to bring with her.  Not a problem, thanks to the wonders of Amazon Prime. Four of us went to the camp lounge and settled in for some online retail therapy on four of our computers. Had just ordered for Fyfe the Guinness Book of Records when a couple, older than me, rolled in, flopped into a sofa pulled out a tablet (wifi the reason for their visit) and proceeded to watch a French horror movie at full volume complete with screams and pleading and hacking sounds. The language barrier was complete but I gestured to the children and held my hands in an appealing gesture. When they bluntly said no, I used a more basic gesture so they replied in kind and stoically continued to watch for about another five minutes but I could see out of the corner of my eye that they were really angry, their ample facial and neck skin turning red with rage which was satisfying and induced a smiling calm in me as chatted and investigated Amazon.

I didn't - honest (from what I can see, nobody did)
With much muttering they heaved their combined bulk out of the sofa and, shouting in French, left however the woman did, shouting, stab her finger repeatedly on a sign on the wall, next to a blackboard which in English says Not allowed to write or draw in this space.  Point taken, thank you.

This is the first issue we have had with fellow campers so not bad in one hundred days considering what an arse I can be. Opposite the Giantavan is aged surfie, Gary in a motorhome who is a mine of information on camping in Morocco and has many contacts there. He knows the campsite in Agadir I am considering and approves. In his opinion, over the two hundred winters he has surfed Portugal and Morocco he has had way more issues in Portugal than Morocco. He has contacts at a surf school in Agadir and promises us a warm welcome and pricing if we follow his introduction. I am really looking forward to Morocco, hopefully in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.