Tuesday 26 December 2017

103. Stuff

COSTA DA CAPARICA - LISBON - PORTUGAL

Not using the cooker shield at this stage.
Fyfe's Ripstick
First job of the day was to swap Iris' in-line-skates for a bigger size. The younger girls were out on their skates and Fyfe was mooching around. While those on the skate swapping expedition did the seemingly one hundred things necessary prior to going anywhere I shortened the ladder protector that blocked one of the tail lights. Eventually, we get away, me resigned to the likelihood of an extended visit with additional purchases. Always nice to be proved right though my contribution to achieving the target was an essential aerobatic kite for twelve euro. Much negotiation was had with Fyfe and eventually he deigned to let us purchase him a Ripstick and the necessary protection. When it was announced that Iris needed a swimsuit I went out to the car and cleaned the whole of the outside including the wheels for about an hour until I had mustered sufficient courage to venture back in again.

Fyfe rippin
Yet to get into my Christmas hammock.
Note my shortened ladder protector.
Brian had been intending to join us but on discovering that he only wanted an inner tube I had taken pity on him and got one for him. When we arrived home after dark I he made a poor job of hiding his gratitude on not having to go himself.

Calling in at the office I was delighted to see my number plate sitting at reception - thank you sister Elizabeth. We are probably going to stay here till Saturday, meeting my Mum off the plane Friday and exploring Lisbon with her. Algarve on Saturday.

The children skated in the dark till after nine as it is not cold with Fyfe declaring himself expert on the ripstick and loving it.  He has gone to bed with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.