Wednesday 6 December 2017

83. Constitutional

Rua Desembocadura do Miño

Heading south
This morning, just, Jacqueline headed into the mall with Roman and Audrey for haircuts.  Shortly after, I could hear Roman returning, outraged. I looked up from packing the Giantavan's front locker and thought his hair looked great. Audrey was second to return (looking great also) and explained that as today is Constitution Day, the mall was closed so no haircuts today. Took me a moment to reverse my thinking as I had the cause of outrage completely upside down.

Gotta set the camera to "Sport Mode" to catch Roman.
European stickers on headlights to stop glare.
The motorways here are beautiful. The non motorway route would have added nearly two hours at our fifty miles per hour maximum speed as you can see by the grey route above.  We were charged modest tolls twice, the total being less than ten Euros.  As is my habit, on minor roads I pull over when a tailback builds behind me.  This must be unusual here as about a third of the time the cars following stop also.  About one in ten acknowledge my action though it makes for much more comfortable driving not leading a Conga Line.

Had a wee lunch stop (that is two different requirements fulfilled) on the way and continued to be both delighted and appalled by the actions of Tom* (kids delighted, parents appalled) thanks to the unabridged talking book. Realised with a shock that I now relate to Aunt Polly, not Tom!

Etiquette rules, which one to use?
I used the forth from right, was that acceptable?
Seats face sinks!
The campsite here is massive with three huge new ablutions blocks.  The man took a lot of care helping us settle, connecting our power, water etc. From where I am sitting I can see the lights of Portugal across the water and earlier heard Portugese church bells. We ventured briefly into Portugal twice enroute, not that we would have known it except that the built in GPS bursts into life loudly announcing the border crossing. Having an English car welcoming us into different European countries is very comforting in these Brexit times. The Disco's navigation knows nothing of these motorways even though it has a 2016 BMW factory disk inserted.

While writing this my Kiwi siblings have deposited my Mum into a plane bound for the UK for Christmas and with us for the New Year - Yay.

*Tom = Tom Sawyer

2 comments:

  1. I'm still editing and seven people have read it. I'm flattered, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to your blog each day !

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.