Thursday 21 December 2017

98. Two successes and a strike out

COSTA DA CAPARICA - LISBON - PORTUGAL

Brake and tail lights
Tail lights
Woohoo, we have brake lights! 

Found a blown fuse in the left rear of the Disco which is physically smaller than the normal blade fuses I am used to. Who knew blade fuses come in four sizes? Brian raided his spares and produced his one and only mini fuse which did the trick.  Saved me about a thirty kilometre round trip - thank you Brian.

After yesterday's wifi data fiasco I dug out our Solwise wifi receiver and repeater kit. I had attempted to use it when I first received it a month ago but at the time camp wifi was five € per day so it was not very motivating.

After a couple of hours I had the rec room free camp wifi selected but unable to progress further.  The wifi hub is in the centre of the room and not designed for external broadcast. With
Static trailer in our site on Google Earth
heart in mouth I phoned the support line and after three rings got Steve.  Three rings! Steve, a middle aged man who spoke the same language! Steve, who was well versed in the product technically and hadn't just read the packaging! Three phone calls and two emails later we (Steve) had it sorted.

Two hundred and fourteen metres through trees and stuff to a free indoor wifi hub is impressive as the same wifi on my iPhone only lasts about thirty metres! I am impressed and using it to post this blog.

Bike rack makes good mounting point.
Fruit bag waterproofing.
With cheerful heart I biked to the office to pick up the number plate which Elizabeth posted, three day courier, eight days ago. The receptionist looked blank and said that there was no mail today.  I enquired what day it was and she said Thursday. I asked what days does mail normally come and she said weekdays. Thinking language difficulties I asked if Thursday was a weekday and fortunately, she realised I am a complete plank (I would have thought it was obvious, silly woman) and enquired as to whether I was aware of the nationwide postal strike that is in effect. Just remembered now that Elizabeth had the sense to opt for Track and Trace - Your item, posted on 13/12/17 with reference RN457638405GB has arrived in LISBON PORTUGAL and is being processed for delivery. Looks like we are here for another few days. Lucky time is not of the essence.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.