Sunday 2 September 2018

353. Oxidation

MONDSEE, NEAR SALZBURG, AUSTRIA

Bloody rain, I see a theme developing - particularly when I look at the weather app. Need to get out and do something.

Museum will do the trick so made up some lunch and drove half an hour to Willkommen im Museum  Fahrzeug - Technik - Luftfahrt. The entry of twenty six euro felt steep but the shed was dry. Basically it was masses of stuff all with the common theme of being old though most of it younger than me which gave me pause to thought. Most of the military stuff was eastern German gear, post second nineteen fifty, lots of military tractor units and stuff that couldn't serve a useful life once decommissioned. Outside there was a range of dilapidated aircraft and railway some with trees growing through it, all of it desperately trying to revert back to its base material, little of it labelled. Made me appreciate how fantastic the Ashburton Aviation Museum is, initiated by a group of five including my Dad, and I am proud to be a life member.
Experimental delta wing something...
... would make a good bonfire
Military trucks

Mig?

Mig 21 Mk1


Iris
Pressure & diesel shunters

Trencher and missile carrier
Nice Jodel and experimental helicopter, Saab jet in background
Lovely drive home



1 comment:

  1. Dreadful seeing those Migs parked outside

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.