Saturday 29 September 2018

380. There and back and there again

BLED, SLOVENIA

Right, the end of the month tomorrow. Must pay the car insurance before the end of the month. Looked up the reminder email and discovered on reading it in detail that I needed to phone them within five working days of receiving the notice. That was two days ago and, dammit, it is Saturday today. Dam and blast, what an i_dot. It was a huge hassle getting overseas insurance and now I need to reapply. So much for heading to Venice tomorrow, we are stuck here till I get it sorted. Dam and blast, much gnashing of teeth and self deprecating language. Please, feel free to comment on what a complete idiot I am - more grist for the mill. Sack cloth and ashes for me till I get the insurance sorted.

Determined to sail today, it has been two long. Dug out Roman's water proof camera and discovered that it was flat - dam again. 

Rigged Teasel at the Giantavan or as near to as able due to the trees, resplendent in their autumn colourings. Using the tie down straps as shoulder harnesses I staggered down to the lake front dragging Teasel behind me on its single wheel. I fixed our NZ Ensign to the gaff head and raised the main and within twenty seconds was surrounded by a number of enthusiastic Kiwis absolutely stunned that I too was a kiwi. Super nice blokes and blokesses, over here for a months gadabout. Was lovely to hear the local inflection.

Sailed for a couple of hours, did a lap of the island and sailed right to the head of the lake. Wind very shifty. Kept well clear of the hand rowed water taxis but may had tacked right on loopies flailing around in rental dinghies for a laugh, not telling. Don't want to appear an ass for my readers.

On my return, derives Teasel and left her on the beach and returned to the Giantavan to make a late lunch. After lunch we headed for the island. It is the only time owning a boat has ever saved me money, ever.

Audrey, Fyfe and Roman out for a row,
while waiting for others to appear
Audrey rowed most of the way
We landed at a small wharf
The port, reminded me of Hong Kong












No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.