Sunday 30 September 2018

381. On Hold

Bled, Slovenia

Spanky
Today felt like a day on hold. Was supposed to be the big drive to Venice today but no Disco insurance means we stay put till the office in the UK opens tomorrow. Caught up on correspondence this morning then, while J did the laundry in our little machine, me fetching water fifteen litres at a time on me bike and emptying the wheelie water container, towed behind the bike. To add a little spice to the day I cleaned the front and back of the Giantavan.

First thing this morning (a little before midday) I opened the new can of polyurethane to touch up the big patches in Teasel and discovered that it is some sort of oak stain. Used it anyway but will chuck it. The first can I bought was acrylic varnish - useless, long since chucked.

On packing up Teasel one of the oars panels was falling off so fixed that with the water proof PVA that we seem to use for everything from craft to wallpaper repair. The piece that came off had warped away quite significantly so I lashed it tightly with one end of the rope tied to the Giantavan and me pulling hard as I wound it on. Was quite puffed with sore fingers by the time I was finished but it seems to have worked. Packed up Teasel with the oar still lashed which will give it plenty of time to bond.

This evening we watched Burlesque, the movie. Cher is outstanding. Fyfe was unimpressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.