Thursday 27 September 2018

378. Bled dry

Bled, Slovenia


Not a long way to go to Bled today but the first half was on slow roads with a lot of it under sixty kilometres per hour. Made for beautiful driving though.

I attacked the greasy mess on the side of the caravan, beside the door where we cook. I couldn't really budge it with Spray and Wipe type stuff and ended up using Wurth Industrial Cleaner spray which got stuck in but if used too liberally softened the paint. Using the search function in this blog I see I last cleaned behind the cooker on January 13. I think we need to hang a cloth or similar to protect the caravan. Cleaning the area, a little over a metre square took me over an hour while the family had lunch. It was hard work and I am not keen to repeat the experience.

Church of the Assumption of Maria,
 Bled castle on
the shore cliff behind
Reversed into the double site
Arriving at Bled, then driving around the lake was a stunning surprise. Quite fantastic. The castles around the edge and tiny Bled Island with the Church of the Assumption of Maria - wonderful.

Camping Bled is expensive but right on the water at the end of the lake.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.