Thursday 20 September 2018

371. Marriage of Figaro

Vienna

The pond beckoned and I went for a morning dip, before my shower, breakfast and the family rising. I have written on the subject two days ago but I am absolutely loving the pond. As far as I can ascertain it is about three metres deep, twenty eight metres long and about twelve wide, the depth which means no weed therefore not ducks and the water is silken loveliness. 
Panarama from Giantavan to awning, not short of space
Fyfe is right into his Willard Price
Jacqueline had bought frozen pizzas yesterday which was now thawed so while I talked to my Mum on WhatsApp I cycled the pizzas through the oven ready to take on our day trip. 

As we do, we hit Vienna proper at about four, grinding to a halt in the dense traffic. Made our way to the city centre we had a walk around following our Eyewitness guide and fell victim to shop suckage. While the family shopped I completed my required board reading on my phone.


The roof at the back of St Stephan's Cathedral
is stunning


Rebuilt within five years
Mozart's crib
There is something about European cities...

Went for a solitary midnight swim - delicous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.