Tuesday 18 September 2018

369. Pond Life

BAD TATZMANNSDOR - SOUTH EAST AUSTRIAF

Another day around the camp, children back into the homework again, mostly.

I have a book to read, The Fish Rots from the Head, recommended by our Chairman and I am finding it pretty dense going as I am taking notes as I go. Spent the day in the sun and got caught a little as a result. So different from NZ where one burns in about twenty minutes.

Went for a swim in the camp pond. It has an aeration system which keeps it clear and it is full of fish.  The water is lovely and warm with the silky feel of untreated water - fantastic, probably the nicest pool I've been in. Zero maintenance, huge, deep and lovely. Would love to do the same at my Mum's farm.

Note the air bubbling out of the yellow hoses (panorama snap)

This evening we enjoyed watching The Internship, children now fascinated by Google and want to work there. Whatever it takes to get them doing their homework, I don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.