Friday 5 January 2018

113. Space invaders

CONIL DE LA FRONTERA, CADIZ, SPAIN

With everybody late to bed last night I had breakfast with my mum who was very comfortable in her little house which is very attractive, well equipped, air conditioned and much like a classic NZ Lockwood Home inside though lacking a plug for her kitchen sink so she was caught with dirty dishes on the bench - a new low.

My letter to the campsite (click to read)
As we arrived late last night I went down to the office to pay for my Mum and sort our site. To my surprise there were only two sites available for the month, our current one booked from the tenth. The monthly rate for a double site (vans over seven metres), our current site seventeen metres long, is €365 but there is no discount for children so this adds another €420 making the site €785! I suggested that this was a little unfair and left it with them and they were good enough to discount the children to €252 which by comparison and given our few choices seemed reasonable.

I went and had a look at the two sites available. One site had an angled end which we wouldn't fit into. The other site would be ideal however the neighbour had parked his large camper on a third of it which is strange.  Each site is fifteen meters long but this man has taken twenty metres leaving us ten metres. The Giantavan is nearly nine metres long so impossible to get it in by Disco.

Fyfe enjoying Uncle Graeme's amazing book
While I was looking a pleasant lady appeared and we chatted about how I might fit however shortly thereafter her red faced husband hove in and announced that they had been staying here for over five years, in that exact spot and the markings were wrong. I questioned why his double site was twenty metres long (five metres of our site) and the neighbour at the other end, was fifteen metres long, leaving our double site at ten metres? He repeated that he stays here every year in that exact spot and stomped off up the hill. I pity her living with that. She then chatted with the children about NZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.