Wednesday 24 January 2018

132. Back in allied territory

CONIL DE LA FRONTERA, CADIZ, SPAIN 

Site move today as the long termers that had delayed their arrival due to ill health were due today. Moving within the campsite is tedious as it is almost as much work as moving a hundred miles. I checked with the office twice, including this morning to see if they had delayed again, unfortunately, they are on track for arrival today.

€1.80 strip from the hardware store
across the road
A sea of blue
Had a great yarn with a gent who is friends with people who are arriving today, yesterday. During conversation he discretely asked if I had had any issues with the neighbours. I laughed and said that they were dreadful, rude and unfriendly. He smiled and said that the two German and one Swiss campers that were next to us are famously difficult. I was surprised at how relieved I felt following this conversation as I had been wondering* if I was the arse?

The last campsite had grass, which was nice, however our new site is back on sand so we have also carpeted our site with ground sheets. I am not surprised to see that the people we decamped for have not materialised.

Early start tomorrow with Audrey and Jacqueline off to Blighty

*Comments are closed on this as, obviously, I am 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.