Wednesday 10 January 2018

118.1 Beware the Hun

CONIL DE LA FRONTERA, CADIZ, SPAIN

The wheel marks denote the angle I had to take
Relocation went relatively smoothly and we were off site by eleven however things got interesting when we tried to reverse into our new site in a parallel parking type manoeuvre as required by the site as the other end of the site has a curving hedge around it. The neighbour had placed his portable washing line on the boundary overhanging our site and on the road, right on the line that I needed to reverse through to get the giantavan into our section and a fishing rod style flagpole right at the front corner.

As the neighbour was out I went to move the clothesline over temporarily and he appeared at the run shouting in German with his now horrible little wife following on behind shouting in German also. It is interesting that she has lost the English skills she had yesterday when I said hello and told her that we were coming in today. I indicated that I needed to reverse in and that the clothesline could go back when I was in.

Unfortunately, this was not possible and he took station, guarding his clothesline. This made reversing in a real challenge and we were not able to get the caravan in square. Iris was watching to make sure I didn't hit the clothes line and she later claimed that she tried to rotate it out of the way and he shoved it back. When I was finished I said to him that he was a very difficult man. It turns out that he must have learned his German the same way I did as he gave me a great spiel of German hilariously including the famous words Englander swine. To be called a pig by such a man was a real treat for this Kiwi.

Jacqueline was philosophical about it, Iris was rearing for revenge, I was in between. Iris and I had a discussion and Iris recalled Michelle Obama famously saying When they go low, we go high. We agreed that this was sage advice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.