Sunday 28 January 2018

136. Stoned

Barbate, Cádiz, Spain

Hauled reluctant children out this afternoon to Barbate about an hour south for no other reason than to escape camp. Being a Sunday the roads were mostly deserted and we drove slowly as one does on a Sunday drive and also because Iris sitting in the back was complaining of not feeling well and having a headache which is unusual. 

The whole canopy is Stone Trees
The eastern part of the drive (blue route in the map) was through a National Park with beautiful Stone Pine trees which have parasol shaped tops and grow to, I am guessing, about eight metres. Quite different from anything I have seen before and the park was full of them as the dominant tree.

Turned out Iris had a temperature so it wasn't a big trip out so the boys and I watched Grand Tour while she slept. Tonight I talked to family and friends in NZ again so now I am writing this at one thirty in the morning which doesn't make for a prompt start in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.