Monday 22 January 2018

130. Möbius loop*

CONIL DE LA FRONTERA, CADIZ, SPAIN

First job was to source a bolt to replace the one I lost. Biked into Conil and found a reasonably sized repair outfit who were happy to give me a couple of suitable bolts. Asked if they could fit the left EGR and they stated they didn't have a code reader - sigh, back to that bollocks. Told them, all via Google translate that I would bring the car in. Supermarket shop on the the way home with the bike groaning with stuff, including eight litres of milk, plus potato bags etc cable tied to the sides and back.

Put four loads of washing through our little machine while working on the Disco.

Fitted the bolt, reassembled and the Disco fired up perfectly. Must admit a certain sense of relief. Iris and I then went back to the repair outfit to show them the car and got the same story. Tried to explain that a code reader wasn't required as there wasn't a fault but drew a blank. Have decided to chance lady luck. Have replaced half the problem valves so there is half a chance that the problem is fixed. I have the other one with me and will look for a more suitable workshop as I go.

Went back to the pharmacy that was getting the vaccines in. When I asked the pharmacist looked completely blank and said that they don't stock flu vaccines. Luckily, another assistant overheard the Google translate or recognised us and took him out the back and I saw them opening a fridge which was encouraging. He came back with five and said that was all they have - double sigh. A stepped over to the other assistant and held up six fingers. She took the hombre estúpido out the back and he came back with the six that we needed.

Walk of Doom II
Home via the supermarket, started dinner then all aboard for the medical centre with jabs in hand. Through the same process as last time even down to the doctor reappearing after the first had gone into the room. ¿Cómo conseguiste estos sin receta y quién se los vendió? Turns out we needed a prescription to buy the jabs which required individual doctors appointments! Hang on, we were here "at the doctors" three days ago and no mention of it was made then! I am street wise enough to not finger the offending pharmacy and said I got them in town (not strictly true). Jacqueline managed to explain that Audrey is type one diabetes and we have been instructed to get vaccinated. Turns out they were able to stab us, one stab each and one for my wallet for good measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.