Tuesday 23 January 2018

131. Water torture

CONIL DE LA FRONTERA, CADIZ, SPAIN

Last night, biked in the dark to the supermarket to get baguettes for our trip to Seville today. Got away in good time for Seville this morning and had a wonderful day in the regional capital.

Jacqueline woke this morning and announced that we were not going to Seville as she has to pack for going to the UK with Audrey on Thursday for her diabetes appointment. Fair enough but disappointing. Feels like we have lost inertia on this trip however, on reflection, it has been a big month for the family and particularly for Jacqueline and now Jacqueline and Audrey going to the UK for a week a further challenge.

At lunch time I noticed, to my horror that the carpet under the door mat was soaked yet again. I couldn't believe it. I have tracked the leak to the frost drain tap from the hot water cylinder and have replaced the hose clip. I have now admitted defeat and disconnected from the water main as the constant pressure has proved more than both the Giantavan and I can endure. We are now on the 12V submersible pump and forty litre roller tank. This is additionally tedious as I have yet to replace the micro switch in the tap as Jacqueline is picking it up from Elizabeth and Tony's on this trip so you have to open the tap and then hold the button on. Needs must.

This evening the children and I were dispatched to the beach. While the children dug and built in the sand I yarned on the phone to Paul while he was driving home from work to Holyport, we yacked until the sun set over the water which was great though prevented me taking photos of the fantastic colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.