Tuesday 9 January 2018

117. Shall we stay or shall we go?

CONIL DE LA FRONTERA, CADIZ, SPAIN

A day of administration, sorting accounts, and thinking about where we might go next as we have to be off this site tomorrow. Unfortunately it rained, pretty much all day, so didn't get anything packed outside so is going to make for a busy day tomorrow.

Have decided to stay here for a few more days while we sort details and regroup. This involves semi packing and moving a hundred metres down the hill from our current double site 315/297 to 77/76. First job is to check with the office at nine am to see if it is still available. If all goes to plan it should be a complete shambles involving fifty three trips running back and forward with stuff probably resulting in a bomb site in both locations at mid-move stage. Should provide good entertainment for fellow campers as they sweep their immaculate tarpaulin lined camp plots and polish their impressive satellite TV dishes.

Christmas then my Mum visiting has been absolutely lovely but as they are both gone we now need to organise for the new year. I am very keen to venture into Morocco and head for Agadir staying at Camping Imourane, for a month as everything that I read says Morocco is spectacular and probably our only chance to get to Africa. Jacqueline is taking some convincing as she is concerned about security. All the camp sites we stay at on this trip are ring fenced with security on the gate and the Agadir camp is the same. The drive down from the ferry at  is all on four lane motorways so not too much of a hassle. I am keen to enter into a Morocco as being a Muslim country it will be different and a tremendous experience and travel advice is saying that all is ok.

Ordered replacement glasses for the current ones that one of the children stood on, breaking one of the lenses in half. I certainly get funny looks when out in public but then that may not be due to the glasses. Getting them sent to our office in NZ as Robyn is coming to the UK later in the month and is happy to bring them with her - thank you Robyn

Tried unsuccessfully to restart our homework programme today with the children. I was distracted by the volume of administrative stuff I needed to do and so let things slide. With our move tomorrow it is likely that the slide will continue however my resolve is building.

Just now, while writing this, Fyfe found a spectacular spider in his bed that was then neatly captured by Iris. I must admit, when I heard the claim that it was huge I was dubious however on having the glass thrust into my face by Iris, as is the custom, I did start.

Just to add variety, my phone is now refusing to charge on any cable. There is always something!

1 comment:

  1. Fan email from Cousin Kay, reposted for benefit of my ego.

    Dear Philip

    We continue to laugh and enjoy your blog. The titles each day are fantastic!

    You are certainly having an eventful time. I was in Gibraltar in the 1970s with my mum and in Tangier. The border between Spain and Gib was closed. The only way into Gib for us was to fly. It was a quite quaint wonderful place. It was unrecognisable from your photos. I guess time and the open border have changed everything.

    How much longer are you staying in Spain. One of my colleagues at the university is Spanish and I think he lives around the area you are at the moment. If you have any specific questions about the area just let me know and I will ask.

    Keep writing ....

    Love to all

    Kay

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.