Saturday 3 March 2018

170. I love the Nine Inch Nails

Tiznit

Agadir to Tiznit
Bye bye boat
Possibly a record for us. On the road a bit after midday though packing up in the rain is always tedious.

Tiznit has been mentioned many times while we have been in Morocco as the place to get work done on motor homes and caravans. I am keen to get someone to look at the heat pump I installed as one day the power light went out for no particular reason.

The trip down was a little fraught as the GPS was constantly trying to avoid the main highway so we had to override it, particularly in Agadir where it kept trying to take us up little streets.

On arrival at this camp, Camping Tazerzite I had quite a conversation with the man at reception trying to establish whether, in fact, there is a service facility. The process was slow as it was conducted English – Arabic on Google Translate. We made progress and, in the end, a man was contacted and he turned up at about five to say that he can come at three tomorrow. I must say that I am not entirely convinced.

Nine inch nails
The site is reasonably stark with nice facilities and I very high earth wall surrounding and a fairly substantial gatehouse. It was blowing hard and I wondered if that would be the norm for here. Fyfe and I set up the awning and tied it to shrubs. Again I was very glad to have the nine inch steel nails with washers as you would never get a peg into this bony/stony ground. A steel nail goes through anything. At the last campsite most people were trying to secure awnings etc. with 5l water bottles as weights - hopeless and looks awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.