Tuesday 20 March 2018

187. Sharing and Caring

Christchurch

Love this mural of family friend Hugh in the city
Dirty Hippies like me need to up our act when dropping into the world of business and responsibility. H&M have opened in Christchurch listing ridiculous prices so I walked into town and bought a couple of shirts, jackets and trousers for under two hundred dollars.

For lunch, met Kate our independent director and, though impressed previously, came to recognise over a salad, that she is as formidable as I am light. It was really nice to get the chance to meet the person behind the screen as to date we had only met online. We are lucky to have her on our board (thank you Chair Kendall), inspired move.
Downloaded the App and used the shared bike

After lunch (in shorts and T-shirt) I returned into town and bought some Merrell shoes as I needed presentable ends. Have always admired Uncle Richard's Merrells so hopefully imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Richard was flying back from the Maardi Cup  in CBS where Cousin Hillary is successfully coxing Rangi onto the podium so I went out to his hanger facility at West Melton to meet him and see WEN, now complete and together thank you to Richard's efforts with John Crawford. I put the battery on charge and will return next week to clean it up and run the engine.

Returned with Richard to his Fendolton home then had a very pleasant evening with him and cousin Jonathan at Dux Dine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.