Friday 23 March 2018

190. Butterfly

Christchurch

A day of running around catching up with people. Antony and Georgina (parents of Fyfe and Audrey's buddies Ben and Lucy) were my first visit. They had done their homework reading this blog which was gratifying. Georgina flitted through on a social wirl and it was great to catch up with Antony and see them both.

Johannes & Jo are rebuilding the old Crockfords Bridge Club on Latimer square and significantly enlarging it for their home and business. Last year Johannes showed me round and we used ladders and planks now they have been in since Christmas and it is reaching the final stages of development. It is inspirational and as a project a significant challenge. They have carried the vision and I am really impressed.

Audrey's hand made card
Fans from Seville where well received
I was keen to visit my Mother-in-Law Margaret as Pat died seven weeks ago and we did not attend the funeral. Margaret, as expected is still processing the massive change but is doing well and talking about visiting us on our travels, within the next few months which would be wonderful for us as she would be able to travel with us as the Disco is a seven seater. Margaret had collected my nieces from school so I was able to be the hero and give them presents to which I had had absolutely no input.

Mark and Megan were about to embark on a North Island tour in their electric car so the only option was to meet at their place at eight thirty. Lovely to see them but I was a complete disaster. Waves of sleep crashed over me and they insisted on bringing me home as, for some reason, they felt that I was unsafe to drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.