Tuesday 13 March 2018

180. Ferries

Andalusia, Spain

Continued from yesterday, day 179.

Drove to the boarding queue and the children and Jacqueline went to bed in the Giantavan, I settled down to do yesterday's blog as the ferry was leaving in forty minutes. Not much progress was made as I soon fell asleep. Woke to a banging on the window and the queue was gone! Realised that it was four twenty five in the morning and there was no point in waking the children as they would be completely unresponsive and difficult at such an hour so would hold things up considerably. As I was about to go up the ramp an official asked for my passport and was surprised when I handed him six.  Looked into the car and said caravan? and laughed when I put two hands to one side of my head and said sleeping, he waved me on.

Roman & Mr Hop,
soon asleep.
Staggering onboard
Once parked we were able to assemble the children and stagger up into the ship. As the chip was not full and we were able to sleep on chairs though I am not sure if Fyfe did much, I certainly did as I was shattered from the days (yesterday's) adventures.

On arriving at Algeciras we drove the twenty minutes back to the Aire we had free camped at on our way south a month ago, breakfasted and went to bed to the sounds of Roman quietly crying that he wasn't tired. We woke about one in the afternoon, had lunch and headed round the Med., bound for Mary and Stuff as Brian & Sheena have invited us to join them near Murcia though a stop needed en-route as they are about eight hours away. 

Algeciras Aire,
end spot again which is the only
place we fit at fifteen metres.
In the end we plumbed for Malaga area as it is about three hours dive and all we (I) could cope with after yesterday's adventures. We will meet up with Mary and Stuff tomorrow which will be great.

I depart on Friday for NZ for the company AGM so it will be nice for everyone to have another family there.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.