Sunday 11 March 2018

178. Bugger

Moulay Bousselham

Love that you can see the
Slawinski's reflection
waving goodbye
Niki, Jenny and family gave us a great send off, promising to catch us up in Spain and we really hope that they do.

It was an easy trip north, through unbelievably green countryside. The change in three weeks is amazing due to frequent showers and warm weather. Was describing it to sister Elizabeth and she couldn't believe it as it is so different to summer Morocco.

Green,
green, 
green. 



We arrived at the campsite, in the rain and dark and so I headed for our previous spot but there were camper vans there and a large puddle. As I swung out Audrey's bike on our bike rack hooked on their bike rack and the first we knew was when an enraged shouting couple emerged from the camper confronted us / me.  I was apologetic and a sea of calm even when he started describing the hiding he was going to give me. For some reason I remained calm, acknowledging their anger and apologising. They were virtually in hysterics describing the damage done but all I could see was a little tear in their bike cover. Audreys bike however is pretty trashed and was hanging off the back of the Giantavan. Cutting to the end, I excused myself as I needed to park, returned for more of the same, pacified them as much as I could then returned, as promised, ten minutes later with insurance details. I think their friend must have counselled them as they invited me in, offered a cup of tea and apologised for their behaviour. I again apologies for spoiling their holiday and we agreed to met in daylight, eight am tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

  1. Met with the Motor Home people, Ian and Susan this morning at 0800 as arranged and they had done a full inspection and found no damage, to both our relief.
    There is no need to claim on insurance and I have paid them £50 for a new bike cover.
    We then chatted for ten minutes and they gave me very useful ferry advice.
    We shook hands.
    I am very relieved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased all was satisfactory. Have enjoyed following your daily blog. Best wishes to you and your family for future travels.
    Ian & Dee. (Rosaleda)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.