Tuesday 27 March 2018

194. Blown Out

Ashburton

Mother and I both left the farm at the same time as she had a University for Seniors* lecture and I had booked a BFR with Les in PAA at NZAS. As I arrived I was doubtful about the wind however Les though it was OK as long as it stayed below twenty knots. We settled down to the paperwork and to my chagrin I discovered
  1. My medical had expired
  2. My licence had expired
Great view, more wind coming
Les was very good about it and I immediately made an appointment at my doctors for eight thirty am, Thursday. By this time the wind had built steadily which meant we couldn't have flown anyway. Les took me over and showed me through the replica WWII Control Tower that has just been completed by the museum. Les remembers both the original and the bulldozer that flattened it after the war. It is faithful to the original except for the compliant stairs which follow the original but are much more sturdy.

About this time we learnt Wanaka had closed due to wind and so a good stream of hardware was to arrive. Excellent, Les and I were in no hurry to leave.
Yak-18s in front of Uncle Richard's hanger

Harvards = wonderful
A club anybody can join, just have to pony up the cash



*Please correct me Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.