Wednesday 21 March 2018

188. BBQ

Christchurch

Getting up is no problem, it is surviving in the evening past about seven thirty. This is a major change from Giantavan life where the struggle is to get to bed.

From eleven the board was invited to tour Link, met the staff and have a presentation by the engineering team on developments. It was great to meet old colleagues again and strange to be back in the building after two and a half years. Gave me huge pleasure to see the company going from strength to strength and what they are all achieving. The engineering team gave a presentation and I was glad there wasn't a pop quiz at the end as I may not have fared well. There was a lot to take in including engines running on dynos which was great fun.

This was followed by a BBQ in the workshop which gave the chance to catch up with individual developments, mostly children and fielding questions regarding our trip. Thanks to our CEO Andy for organising it all.

Following the Link event I went over to Jane (flatmate of Jacqueline's a hundred years ago) and Richards (work colleague) in time to help eat their dinner. Their lovely boys, Alex and David, now at university studying engineering, wonderfully similar to Richard and I really enjoyed catching up with them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.