Thursday 15 March 2018

182. On yer marks

ANDALUSIA - SPAIN

Boat off
A day of setting up, ready for my early departure, tomorrow morning. With my being away for almost three weeks I was keen to get as much sorted as possible for the family. This also brought to a head little bits of maintenance that I had not got to. I was keen to get finished in good time as the pool is heated geothermally to thirty degrees each day,  completely drained at night, large and inviting.

I managed to string out the setting up which also included getting Teasel and roof rack off the Disco in order to minimise any hassle for Jacqueline for the balance of the month as well as removing the roof bars and the beams I have fitted to carry Teasel as it is a three hour round trip to Alicante airport tomorrow for my six forty five am flight in the morning and we could do without the constant whistle and drag. Brian has generously offered to do the round trip in the Disco as I need to depart camp at four in the morning to make my flight and it would have been a real drag for J and the children. Top bloke Brian, that deserves a DB.

Ready to go
Iris and Jacqueline lead
Late in the afternoon the children arrived back excited as there was to be a camp disco tonight. After explaining that it was not possible for us to attend we realised that this was not an option so dinner became the priority and we, sans Fyfe, made it to the disco at nine thirty. It was great, singing DJ, benign crowd that made both Mary and Stuff and our family feel young. Iris and Audrey got a great welcome as they were wearing their Spanish dresses/skirts respectively and Roman looked very dapper in his flash shirt and hat though offended when his hair was ruffled. It was all good fun, the Dj got Jacqueline on stage to lead one of the dances then later, Iris, to her credit did a very respectable Spanish dance for the appreciative assembled masses. A really proud moment to be cherished. Brian and I made our excuses a bit after eleven as we had set our alarms for three thirty am.

As it happened, I did not get to the pool

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.