Saturday 2 June 2018

261. Ups and downs

Italy - Genoa


The lovely camp ground manager advised us to stay on the motorways for todays trip and so, although hassle free, you do not see nearly as much and paid fifty euro tolls for the pleasure.

Had had trouble booking into the campsite near Genoa, Caravan Park La Vesima. My emails remained unanswered, the booking system down and after many tries got them on the phone just as we were about to depart for their camp. I happened to check the daily rate and discovered to my great surprise that it was seventy six euro (about NZ one hundred and thirty per night). Rapidly found another which seemed cheap by comparison.  Looks like Italy is going to be pricey, this time of the year.

Got a great welcome from the manager when we arrived and the usual surprised stares from couples in motorhomes. The manager was very complimentary of my backing skills which was nice. Roman has worked out by reading the Disco manual that the key fob can remotely raise and lower the suspension which is handy for connecting and disconnecting the Giantavan.

3 comments:

  1. Good work, Roman. I'm surprised you hadn't picked that up in your reading of the manual, Philip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't know it had bluetooth for the first six months and colleague Mark pointed it out.
      This means my NZ V8 Disco also had it and i never knew!

      Delete
    2. Huh! Excellent!

      Delete

Please feel free to comment as I often feel like I am writing in a vacuum.